microphones in the trees: tuluum shimmering / the exhalers

Tuesday, February 23, 2016

tuluum shimmering / the exhalers



"reissue of 2 cdrs previously issued separately by artist. several years back Jake (Tuluum Shimmering) offered to send recordings out to those who sent him something in the mail. I went ahead and sent some things and in return got an amazing box back several weeks later. Included were these two discs. two single track long pieces that just blew me away and continue to blow me away to this day. over the years the discs Ive owned have become worn or almost lost in the chaos and the need to have these recordings given a second life, especially on a physical format became important in my mind. Tuluum Shimmering recordings always seems to head towards somewhere very sacred and these two recordings are some of the strongest journeys for me. much thanks for the chance to release this." josh/ tomentosa


'la música de tuluum shimmering parece dirigirse siempre hacia un lugar muy sagrado, y estas dos grabaciones son, para mí,  dos de sus viajes más poderosos. muchas gracias por darme la oportunidad de reeditarlas."

out of stock ~ listen ~ download


 the exhalers ~ bay of light, frases de entretanto (branch tapes, 2015)

"I sat on my stoop at dusk last night remarking on the loss of the divine. how the landscape in front of me now so heavily civilized, felt razed and distant. within moments the landscape shifted and the power lines and buildings seeped into the background and muted as the landscape exerted it’s true continuous nature that I had just been unable to see. these recording seem to bridge that gap; expressing that which is razed but also paying homage to something greater that runs beneath it all. there’s a piece on the second side that took me many listens to even hear, to really listen and have set in to my conscious to the point of it being my most favorite part of the tape. It was always there but only the shift of my own perspective brought about true appreciation. the artwork, dubbing and putting together of this tape went from deliberate ideas to something that existed beyond my immediate vision; something that brought me out of the sky and down to the point where the sea laps at your feet and the landscape folds out behind your back strong but ebbing at the shore. many thanks for the chance to release this." josh/tomentosa


algo me dice que la canción a la que se refiere josh es 'moonshine tale'. demasiado especial para describirla, tan sólo las palabras de josh. pura melancolía.

out of stock ~ listen ~ download

No comments: